viernes, 18 de abril de 2008

Day 10 Palermo Lakes

Day 10 - Interesting Cars, Manicured Parks, Protests, and Smoke, lots of smoke.

Today I don't feel like writing as much, to compensate, I made the pictures larger.

Around the embassy area there were many cars that appeal to my aesthetic of what makes a car. Bold straight lines with a few curves for balance + plus rugged utilitarian functionality.

Police Truck


Ranchero


Jeep Ika


Plus finally! I found one. This has to be the only Subaru not made in 2008 in all of Buenos Aires.


Subway Shrine to mother Mary.

Then we reached the park proper. Did I mention we were headed for a park? A few acres of manicured lawns, these arch things, ornate bridges, geese, paddle boats, and signs informing you of the multitudes of park rules; which, of course, were largely ignored.











The white ones are always the meanest.



Later I was awakened from a nap by the sound clapping and car horns. Protesters were demonstrating on Callao, rerouting 4 lanes of one way traffic down our little street.



Every time the wind dies the smoke starts building up. This happens at night. You can see the difference between 10:30 above, and 2:30 below.

It is so bad at night, that the nightlife is being affected. Normally there are a lot more people on the sidewalks here as every one is on their way to the club at this time.

No hay comentarios: