It hurt to get up today.
But we had planned to go to this market that happens every Sunday in San Telmo, which is really more like a street fair that goes on for 10 or so blocks. This place probably had the wierdest, most amazing stuff i have seen yet. It was also the most expensive, go figure. Extravagant Mate gourds, knifes, cut and sewn clothes, all kinds of street performers, gaucho leather and accessories, seltzer bottles, the list goes on and on.
Photo note: credit goes to my dad for the majority of these pictures. I wasn't feeling real photoy today.
Anyway, heres the street it takes place on.

and some the products/performers:






Two things of interest, this big knife (200 pesos)

And this store, which had all these collared work shirts, and blazers with pieces of mega-bright Latino and American imagery cut from other clothes. Each one was unique, and what fascinated me is they are exactly the kind of thing I would make if I could sew.

This jacket wasn't my favorite. And this one was more conservative than the others, which were intense, I will try to find a website. Taking a picture is cheaper than buying it. Especially when it cost 600 pesos. The knife however I would have bought on the spot if I had the cash.
Another photo my dad took, dramatic angle.

dammit, it needs to be straghtened just a bit.

ther.
I think tonight I felt my first touch of homesickness. Friends and that fresh Portland green air. and curtains.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario