The goddamn smoke is back again. (Update) It has been caused by a fire that has been burning in the grasslands outside the city. Currently 250 square miles are on fire, and three have died due to traffic accidents caused by low visibility.
So i decided to spend most of today inside. That compounded with the fact that I didn't even get up until 2 PM.
I also discovered that you can buy prescription drugs from the dozen of farmecerias around town without a prescription. So I decided to get some drugs for various minor ailments I didn't want to jump through HMO hurdles in the states to get. With a little spanish, you can get just about anything, for dirt cheap too. I briefly considered picking up some goodies like klonopins, but decided against it. Besides, I think those are still restricted.
I am also considering some dental work and maybe lasik, as these procedures cost about 70 % less here. And Buenos Aires has the best surgeons in Latin America.
My parents went out to the milonga, so I figured I would have a boring night. However I ran into Sebastian, my neighbor, and he invited me over for dinner. Thinking I should bring some wine, I ran to the store, called Disco, and picked some up. Turns out I managed to pick one of his favorites out of some four hundred choices, coincedence? Anyway we had tarta that his girlfriend made. Kind of like a vegetable pie, which was very good. Right before dinner the power went out for blocks, which was very thrilling. They don't have backup generators for little things like stoplights so Callao (the main street) became a free for all. It was only out for about ten minutes though. I got home at about 1:30 and finished out the night with some simpsons, in spanish of course.
1 comentario:
tengo gusta su blog. soy muy orgulloso de tu los amors del muchacho.
Publicar un comentario